Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Luke's woodland nursery

i've just about finished luke's woodland nursery to where i'm starting to really like it. i wanted a warm, natural, simple feel to it, but with some fun cutesy characters to make it feel like a nursery and not just a 'sarah' space.

here are some before pics:

 and after:



the color of the walls is leftover from when it was seth's nursery, but i loved it so much there was no way i was going to change it! it's a very calming blue-grey. jeremy created some boxes around the bottom to break up the blue-grey color. he also put up crown molding and made a shelf.


i made these letters for luke with some woodland paper, stickers, and dodads. 

i think they turned out really cute in his room!


i got these fun mushrooms from thai pan. i would like to get more for this room, but the kind with the red top and white polka dots. i love those! these are cute, too.

my lovely friend sara got this for for luke. it is SO cool! his back projects starts onto the ceiling when it's dark and it plays really soothing music. i love it so much!


i had to put the chubby pictures of luke up. the top picture my dad calls 'baby luke in bag' and the bottom one he calls 'baby luke in garbage can'... he doesn't get it. haha, love my daddy!

this is the cutest mobile ever! there is a deer, a fox, a bear and a bunny. the colors go perfectly!

i made the frame to the right. you can't see, but it's star ribbon on the top with an owl and a bunny and carrot at the bottom. then, i HAD to put a picture of luke and his awesome big brother!

these took me the longest out of everything. it is an eclectic mix of different woodland creatures cut out of paper using a cricut and different painted frames. i love the hedgehog, fox and racoon the most, but they're all cute little guys. then, the frames were either painted or modge-podged with different paper. it was a labor of love but i really like how it turned out.


there are a  few more things i would like to do, buy, and put up. for instance, i really want to get these:

this stuffed owl




i have them pinned in pinterest... my new FAVORITE website! you pin things you like online and can categorize and organize them on your page in the website. i love it! 

lastly, i want to print and frame this picture i drew for luke with my bamboo pad. my printer isn't working, so it may be a while.
there you have it! 

i also finished seth's room... i'll do a post later showing that. it's pretty cute; safari/jungle theme to match his bathroom. i also finished their playroom. post to follow.

2 comments:

  1. I Looooooooove it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! I love it all! The playroom, entryway, and nursery. I, too love picture walls! I have a semi picture wall in my front room right now but I'm waiting for Chad to paint before I finish it... I love this blog Sar! And please don't be mad if I use a few of your decorating ideas... :)

    ReplyDelete

quacktastic comments